Spicy Daring Pizza
A delicious tasty recipe that's bound to satisfy!
Serves 2 x 25cm pizzas
Prep Time: 35 minutes plus proving
Cook Time: 25 minutes
For the pizza base:
250g “00” pasta flour
1 tsp easy bake yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
100ml Badger Daring Diver Ale, at room temperature
For the sauce:
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
227g can chopped tomatoes
1/2 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp dried oregano
semolina, to sprinkle
For the topping:
60g chopped chorizo
60g salami with fennel, ripped
125g mozzarella, ripped
Fresh basil and chilli oil, to serve
1. Mix together the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the olive oil, Badger Daring Diver Ale and 50ml luke warm water, mix together adding more luke warm water if needed to form a soft dough.
3. Turn out the dough onto a well floured surface and knead for approximately 8 - 10 minutes until the dough is quite smooth. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for approx. 1 hour until doubled in size.
4. For the sauce, cook the onion in the oil for 5 minutes then add the remaining ingredients, apart from the semolina, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Preheat the oven to 220C, 200C fan, Gas 7 and place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
6. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute, and cut in half. Place one half under a clean tea towel, meanwhile roll out the other half to a 25cm circle.
7. Sprinkle some semolina on another baking sheet and place the pizza on top. Spread half the sauce on the pizza, leaving about 1cm around the edge.
8. Top with half the chorizo, salami and mozzarella and slide the pizza off the baking sheet onto the hot one in the oven.
9. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the pizza is cooked. Finish with basil leaves and chilli oil.
10. Repeat with the other base.
Goes great with: