Glorious Anchor at Pyrford Lock
Adjacent to Pyrford Lock and situated on the banks of the Wey Navigation Canal, a short distance from Woking, as well as the flagship garden of the Royal Horticultural Society at Wisley, the Anchor is a perfect example of the traditional quintessential English country pub.
With a beautiful terrace that runs along the waterside, the pub is glorious in the summer months and in the winter with its roaring log fires and oak beamed conservatory; it continues to attract Guests with its cosy charm. Popular with walkers, locals and a true destination pub offering fine food and drink in stunning surroundings - the Anchor has it all.
We are seeking a big personality to help lead our wonderful team in delivering the huge potential of this well established and totally amazing high energy business.
- Up to £28K salary + bonus + comprehensive benefits package
- Help lead an awesome hospitality business
- Highly achievable bonus scheme
- Recognition, we value and appreciate every individual
- Excellent job security and a clearly defined career path to GM
- All the support you need to succeed
Apply if you are:
- Able to lead and inspire the team to achieve success together
- Knowledgeable about quality food and drink with an eye for detail
- Able to take full responsibility for the pub in the absence of the GM
- Diligent about ensuring that routine procedures are followed
- Well presented with good judgement and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Able to commit to support the GM in developing the Anchor and its team to their full potential
- Driven to maintain a perfect guest journey
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- Able to reliably manage the commute to the Anchor
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards ambition, commitment and talent
Previous experience and knowledge of supervising high volume hospitality operations with a busy food profile is essential. If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of yourself, enjoy being part of a team and have the drive and commitment to thrive in an exciting and rewarding role... apply now:
Where you'll work:
A stunning canal-side country pub near Woking
Located next to Pyrford Lock, on the banks of the Wey Navigation canal, the Anchor is a lovely example of a traditional, Surrey country pub with stunning waterside views.
With a beautiful terrace that runs along the canal, the pub is glorious in the summer months, and in the winter its roaring log fires and oak-beamed conservatory offer plenty in the way of cosy charm, making it the perfect place to combine with a visit to RHS Garden Wisley nearby.
Find out More