General Manager - Flagship Bar & Restaurant
Job Type: Pub – Management
Location: Hall & Woodhouse Bath
Salary £45-55K + bonus + benefits
Iconic Bar & Restaurant
Part of the Hall & Woodhouse family of iconic venues and a former auction house, built in the 1960s by Phillips Auctioneers, this extraordinary café-bar-dining room has become a part of Bath’s architectural and culinary history. With a sun-lit dining room, a rooftop terrace bar and the best (forgive our immodesty) bar in the West Country, it’s a place for every occasion. With an open kitchen serving three floors and a recent refurbishment it's an awesome place to work. We are seeking a GM with a big personality to lead our wonderful team in delivering the huge potential of this well known and totally amazing contemporary business. Is that you?
- Up to £55K salary + comprehensive benefits package
- Lead a flagship hospitality business
- Highly achievable bonus scheme
- Recognition, we value and appreciate every individual
- Excellent job security and career progression
- All the support you need to succeed
Be part of something very special, apply if you are:
- Able to lead and inspire the team in a high pressure and complex operation
- Knowledgeable about quality food and drink with an eye for detail
- A strategic thinker with a proven record of business development within a branded context
- Diligent about ensuring that routine procedures are followed
- Well presented with good judgement and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Able to commit to support Op's Management in developing H&W Bath and its team to their full potential
- Driven to develop and maintain a perfect guest focus
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards ambition, commitment and talent
Previous experience and knowledge of managing hospitality operations with a complex and busy food profile is essential. If you share our values and have the skills, drive and commitment to thrive in a prestige, exciting and rewarding role apply today.
Knowledge, skills and attributes required:
- Inspirational leadership
- A minimum of 3 years experience in charge of a premium high volume food led business
- A proven record of business development
The following is a major advantage:
- Recent experience and knowledge of the Hospitality landscape in the local area
benefits you'll get:
- Bonus scheme and full range of lifestyle benefits
- Be appreciated as the leader of a stunning H&W business
Where you'll work:
Hall & Woodhouse Bath
A landmark Bath café, bar and dining room - the place to be.
As a former auction house, built in the 1960s by Phillips Auctioneers, this extraordinary café-bar-dining room has become a part of Bath’s architectural and culinary history. With a sun-lit dining room, a rooftop terrace bar and the best (forgive our immodesty) bar in the West Country, it’s a place for every occasion.
Designed around the Woodhouse family’s enthusiasms (racing and cricket), their family home (with a grand dining room, drawing room, potting shed and pantry) and the family’s Dorset Brewery (featuring a copper bar and recreating the brewing copper en route to the loos), Hall & Woodhouse Bath really is something to behold. In fact, Vogue listed it as one of the top ten places you must visit in Bath. Who are we to disagree?
Find out More