Stunning Bar\Restaurant - near Dorchester
Built in 2016 by the Duchy of Cornwall but operated by Hall & Woodhouse, the pub is named after the Duchess of Cornwall at the direct request of the Prince of Wales and was opened by the Prince and Duchess. The pub contains many artefacts from the Woodhouse family including The Badger glass - the largest hand-blown glass in the world. The building is split into sections over three floors, Bar and the Pantry, the grand central staircase, first floor dining room with its open kitchen and then to top it all off, is a beautiful terrace. We are building our bar & waiting team now and have full time hours available.
As part of team Duchess you will receive:
- Pay from £9.50 per hour (18+)
- £7.00 per hour under 18's with restricted duties
- Pay boosted by a share of tips, plus extra rewards for great performance
- 70% off meals on duty
- Good work life balance with 5 days working
- Plenty of scope for you to develop as a key team member
- Various shifts including days, weekends and evenings
- All the support you need to succeed
Apply if you are:
- Well presented and a confident communicator with an eye for detail
- Committed to achieving success together
- Focused to provide the best possible guest experience
- Available to work 40-48 hours per week including weekends
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
1-2 years previous experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy food profile is an advantage.
If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of your self, enjoy being part of a team and have the drive and commitment to thrive in a busy, exciting and rewarding role... apply now:
Where you'll work:
Duchess of Cornwall Inn
A magnificent Dorset coaching inn on the outskirts of Dorchester
In the heart of Poundbury (the Prince of Wales’ ambitious re-creation of a Dorset market town) sits the magnificent ‘Duchess of Cornwall’. Built in partnership with the Duchy of Cornwall and named after the Duchess herself, Hall & Woodhouse have created a grand three-storey pub-restaurant.
Opened by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess in 2016, it’s no stranger to royalty - but in a Hall & Woodhouse pub, titles aren’t important and all of our guests are welcome to come and treat this place as their home. Inside you’ll find many artefacts from Hall & Woodhouse history (including the great Victorian copper from the King & Barnes Brewery). This beautiful inn is full of character and wonderful views of Poundbury’s spectacular public spaces. It is the perfect spot for breakfast, lunch, a drink or dinner.
Find out More