STUNNING BAR\RESTAURANT - NEAR DORCHESTER
Built in 2016 by the Duchy of Cornwall but operated by Hall & Woodhouse, the pub is named after the Duchess of Cornwall at the direct request of the Prince of Wales and was opened by the Prince and Duchess. The pub contains many artefacts from the Woodhouse family including The Badger glass - the largest hand-blown glass in the world. The building is split into sections over three floors, Bar and the Pantry, the grand central staircase, first floor dining room with its open kitchen and then to top it all off, is a beautiful terrace. We are building our team and have a vacancy with full time hours available now for an experienced KP\Kitchen Assistant.
As part of Team Duchess you will receive:
- Pay up to £9.50 per hour based on experience, plus a share of tips
- Extra rewards for great performance
- A warm welcome from a friendly team that values your contribution
- 70% off meals on duty
- Plenty of scope to show your talent and develop your skills
- To train as a chef - if that appeals?
- Excellent job security and working conditions
- Plenty of hours including weekends and evenings
- Great job security with a permanent contract
- A full range of lifestyle benefits
- All the support you need to succeed
Apply if you are:
- Confident and committed with an eye for detail
- A great team player who can support others under pressure
- Familiar with the KA\KP role in professional kitchen operations
- Able to reliably manage the commute to the Duchess
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- A person who takes pride in your work
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards achievement
Previous experience and knowledge of the role in a busy kitchen is an advantage.
If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of your self, enjoy being part of a team and have the drive and commitment to thrive in a busy, exciting and rewarding kitchen... apply now:
Where you'll work:
Duchess of Cornwall Inn
A magnificent Dorset coaching inn on the outskirts of Dorchester
In the heart of Poundbury (the Prince of Wales’ ambitious re-creation of a Dorset market town) sits the magnificent ‘Duchess of Cornwall’. Built in partnership with the Duchy of Cornwall and named after the Duchess herself, Hall & Woodhouse have created a grand three-storey pub-restaurant.
Opened by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess in 2016, it’s no stranger to royalty - but in a Hall & Woodhouse pub, titles aren’t important and all of our guests are welcome to come and treat this place as their home. Inside you’ll find many artefacts from Hall & Woodhouse history (including the great Victorian copper from the King & Barnes Brewery). This beautiful inn is full of character and wonderful views of Poundbury’s spectacular public spaces. It is the perfect spot for breakfast, lunch, a drink or dinner.
Find out More