Deputy General Manager - Live in
Job Type: Pub – Management
Location: Empress of Blandings
IMPRESSIVE EMPRESS - AT COPYTHORNE
Named after the Earl of Emsworth’s prize winning Berkshire pig, the Empress of Blandings, with over 350 pictures and paintings of pigs adorning its walls, sits on the edge of the New Forest, close to the Southampton. The pub is the only building that is a member of the PG Wodehouse society and the Inn-sign is the only Hall & Woodhouse pub sign where the company name is spelt ‘Wodehouse’. With plenty of outside seating for the summer, as well as a roaring fire for the winter months, the pub is busy all year around. We are boosting our management team and have an opening for a DGM to help lead this awesome high energy business.
As a DGM at the Empress you will receive:
- Salary £25,000 + benefits
- Extra rewards for exceptional performance
- Great job security with an employer that values every individual
- A full package of lifestyle benefits
- 70% off meals on duty
- Chance to help lead and shape an awesome business
- Excellent opportunity to shine and move your career on
- A good work life balance with 5 days working
- All the support you need to succeed
- Live in accommodation at a cost of £58.52 pw (subject to availability)
Apply if you are:
- Experienced in front of house service and supervision in a food led setting, with a proven ability to lead and inspire the team
- Able to ensure that the site payment, security and safety procedures are followed
- Well presented, accurate and able to follow standard procedures to manage the business and execute service effectively.
- Able to commit to support the GM in developing the pub restaurant and the team
- Driven to maintain a focus on the guests
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- A great team player who cares about what you do, and always strives to be the best version of your self
Previous supervisory experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy food profile is essential. Ready to move your career on? - apply now we'd love to hear from you!
benefits you'll get:
- A comprehensive package of lifestyle benefits
- Discounted food, and accommodation if required
- Chance to help lead a high profile, totally amazing pub restaurant
Where you'll work:
Empress of Blandings
A New Forest country pub with literary connections
Nestled on the edge of the New Forest National Park and named after P.G Wodehouse’s creation - the Earl of Emsworth’s prize-winning Berkshire pig - the Empress of Blandings is the perfect pit stop for your countryside adventures. And located just off the A31, it is an excellent place to meet for a meal before or after exploring the National Park.
With a menu full of pub classics, regularly changing specials and perfect Sunday Roasts, it’s got everything covered; all washed down with a pint of draught Badger Beer from Dorset. And when the sun does shine, their outside terrace is the perfect place to relax, unwind and watch the world go by.
Find out More