Bar & Waiting Team
Job Type: Pub – Bar & Restaurant (On Stage)
Location: The Grasshopper
Part Time - 20-30 hours
Contemporary bar - heart of Parkstone
The Grasshopper was one of Hall & Woodhouse’s earliest pubs joining the family back in the 19th century. Originally called ‘The Half Way House Hotel’ because it was halfway between Poole and Bournemouth, its name changed in 1997 and in 2018 the Grasshopper was fully transformed into a fantastic contemporary venue. We are building our bar & waiting team and have flexible part time positions for experienced operators available now.
As part of Team Grasshopper you will receive:
- Pay up to £8.91 per hour
- 70% off meals on duty
- Pay boosted by a share of tips and extra rewards for exceptional performance
- Plenty of scope to show your talent and develop as a key team member
- Excellent job security and a fun and friendly workplace
- A good work life balance with various shifts 20-30 hours per week to suit you
- A full range of lifestyle benefits
- All the support you need to succeed
Apply if you are:
- Well presented and a confident communicator with an eye for detail
- Experienced with 1-2 years working in a similar guest\customer facing role
- Available to work day, evening and weekend shifts
- Committed to achieving success together
- Driven to provide the best possible guest experience
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
Previous experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy food profile is an advantage.
If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of your self, enjoy being part of a team and have the drive and commitment to thrive in a busy, exciting and rewarding role... apply now:
Where you'll work:
A cosmopolitan town pub in the heart of Poole
Recently restored to its original glory as a majestic Dorset road house, the Grasshopper is now a cornerstone of this fashionable part of Poole. With its many quirky nooks, crannies, rooms and spaces, the Grasshopper revives the true spirit and purpose of the pub - as a place for the whole community and for all occasions. From special get-togethers in their dining room and casual catch-ups in the pantry to long lazy days on their terraces, it really is everyone’s local.
Keep an eye out, as this pub features many artefacts from the old Hall & Woodhouse Brewery in Blandford, including the Victorian copper mash tun plates in the entrance lobby and some early Victorian bottles discovered in the Maltings during the 2015 restoration.
Find out More