Kitchen Assistant - KP
Job Type: Pub – Kitchen
Location: The Grasshopper
Permanent Contract - Plenty of Hours
Grasshopper - Top venue Parkstone
The Grasshopper was one of Hall & Woodhouse’s earliest pubs joining the family back in the 19th century. Originally called ‘The Half Way House Hotel’ because it was halfway between Poole and Bournemouth, its name changed in 1997 and in 2018 the Grasshopper was fully transformed into a fantastic contemporary venue. We are building our kitchen team now ahead of the busy season and have a vacancy for an experienced KP\Kitchen Assistant for an immediate start......
As part of team Grasshopper you will receive:
- Pay up to £8.91 per hour plus a share of tips
- A warm welcome from a friendly team that values your contribution
- Plenty of scope to show your talent and develop your skills
- Job security and the chance to develop your career
- Plenty of shifts and hours in a great premium kitchen operation
- Additional lifestyle benefits
- All the support you need to succeed
apply if you are:
- Confident and committed with an eye for detail
- A great team player who can support others under pressure
- Familiar with the KA\KP role in professional kitchen operations
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- A person who takes pride in your work
- Available to work lots of shifts including evenings and weekends
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards achievement
Previous experience and knowledge of the role in a busy kitchen is required.
If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of your self, enjoy being part of a team and have the drive and commitment to thrive in a busy, exciting and rewarding kitchen... apply now:
Where you'll work:
A cosmopolitan town pub in the heart of Poole
Recently restored to its original glory as a majestic Dorset road house, the Grasshopper is now a cornerstone of this fashionable part of Poole. With its many quirky nooks, crannies, rooms and spaces, the Grasshopper revives the true spirit and purpose of the pub - as a place for the whole community and for all occasions. From special get-togethers in their dining room and casual catch-ups in the pantry to long lazy days on their terraces, it really is everyone’s local.
Keep an eye out, as this pub features many artefacts from the old Hall & Woodhouse Brewery in Blandford, including the Victorian copper mash tun plates in the entrance lobby and some early Victorian bottles discovered in the Maltings during the 2015 restoration.
Find out More