Hornbrook - Premium Food Pub
Located just outside the town of Horsham or the edge of rolling Sussex countryside, the Hornbrook joined the Hall & Woodhouse family in 2001 when the company acquired Horsham brewer King & Barnes. A great example of a classic traditional English pub, the name dates back to the pre-Norman dark ages, but no-one really knows what it means. With a large garden the pub is glorious in the summer and during the darker, colder winter months the cosy interior with roaring log fires, flagstone floors and oak beams, really comes into its own. A vacancy has arisen for a Head Chef with inspirational leadership skills to continue the development and fulfill the potential of this amazing pub and its kitchen team.
Your rewards as Head Chef with Team Hornbrook:
- A sensible work life balance with 5 days working, consistent hours and excellent conditions
- Up to £32,000 per annum, plus bonus
- 70% off meals on duty
- A full package of lifestyle benefits
- The chance to lead an amazing kitchen and coach a friendly and committed team
- A clear career path, development in your role and all the support you need to succeed
Sounds good? - apply if you are:
- A highly organized hands on Head Chef with a broad food knowledge, great technical skills and a passion for hospitality
- Able to work to precise specifications for cooking and presentation
- Someone that enjoys the buzz in the spotlight of a busy prestige kitchen, and who cares about your craft
- Dependable and resilient, kind and resourceful
- An inspirational leader able to motivate and develop your team
- Able to follow and enforce the highest standards of food safety and hygiene
- Looking for a great chef job that offers long term security and prospects
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
Previous experience in a similar role and the ability to lead a high paced and challenging quality food operation is essential. For more information about joining the Hall & Woodhouse family explore our careers website........... and apply today!
Where you'll work:
The Hornbrook Inn
An idyllic Sussex country pub on the outskirts of Horsham
Built in the 1930s on the Horsham to Brighton Road, the Hornbrook Inn is the only pub in Britain so named and whilst it dates back to the pre-Norman dark ages, no one really knows what it means - forever a great British mystery.
A nice example of an English country pub with flagstone floors and oak beams inside and a large garden outside, the Hornbrook serves an extensive menu with traditional pub favourites, regularly changing specials and award-winning Badger Beers from Dorset. A lovely pub for all seasons and occasions.
Find out More