Job Type: Pub – Management
Location: The House Martin
Internal Applications Invited
The House Martin is looking for a new leader - Is that you?
Located in New Milton, on the edge of the New Forest, the House Martin is a great example of a friendly, quality English village pub. Steeped in history it still has many of its original features like the traditional oak beams, open fires and flagstone floors. The House Martin is one of H&W's smaller businesses nevertheless a fabulous pub by a main road at the heart of its local community; just minutes from the beach - the perfect first appointment. With the additional support of a BDM we are looking for an inspirational rising star who's ready to step up and lead the team....
- Salary + bonus + comprehensive benefits package
- Lead your first H&W pub
- Chance to shape and continue the development of the business to its full potential
- Wonderful career opportunity at the focal point of the local community
- All the support you need to succeed
Tempted? ........ apply if you feel this is your time:
The selection process will be thorough, to be included please:
Good to go? apply now!
- Discuss your intention to apply with your GM\Regional Manager
- Consider the additional challenges of the GM role
- Your 30, 60, 90 day plan
- How you would approach your integration as the new GM
- Do your research! Be sure that living out, the commute and the challenge of the House Martin would be compatible with your work life balance - and be the right next step in your H&W Career.
Knowledge, skills and attributes required:
- Inspirational leadership
- A minimum of 2 years experience as DGM
- A record of great success and progression in your current role
Where you'll work:
The House Martin
A Dorset roadside pub-restaurant minutes from the beach
Named after the House Martin bird (which Shakespeare called ‘the guest of summer’) this laid-back inn is a perfect example of the friendly, traditional English village pub that we all know and love. Originally built in the 1950's by Edward Woodhouse to cater for summer tourists, the House Martin has been extensively refurbished with traditional pub features such as flagstone floors and oak beams for a charming look and feel.
The large and friendly bar is complemented by a barn-style dining area adorned with an array of bird cages hanging from the ceiling. A favourite of visitors and locals alike, the pub is a lovely base to explore the Dorset coast and the New Forest.
Find out More