HISTORIC LIGHTER - ON THE QUAY NR EXETER
Located in the historic Saxon town of Topsham on the banks of the Exe Estuary, the Lighter is a picturesque example of a friendly, classic English pub. Great for locals and visitors alike with flagstone floors, a log burner and large terrace right on Topsham Quay the pub is busy all year peaking in the summer months. The Lighter is well positioned close to all amenities and not far from Exeter. We are re-opening soon and building our team now ahead of a busy season with full and part time hours available.
As part of team Lighter you can expect:
- Pay up to £8.91 per hour
- A share of tips
- Plenty of scope to show your talent and develop as a key team member
- Full or part time hours available, including evenings and weekends
- Excellent job security and working conditions
- A good work life balance with 5 days working
- A full range of lifestyle benefits
- All the support you need to succeed
Apply if you are:
- Well presented and confident with an eye for detail
- Committed and willing to support team colleagues
- Driven to provide the best possible guest experience
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
Previous experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy food profile is an advantage.
If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of your self, enjoy being part of a team and have the drive and commitment to thrive in a busy, exciting and rewarding role... apply now:
Where you'll work:
The Lighter Inn
A Devon quayside pub-restaurant in the heart of Topsham
Perched on the banks of the Exe Estuary, this waterside inn takes its name from the flat-bottomed barges used at Topsham to unload larger ships that had to anchor in the middle of the channel.
Perfect for locals and visitors alike, the pub is family and dog friendly (as we believe any great pub should be) and with flagstone floors, a log burner and large terrace right on Topsham Quay, it’s as cosy in winter as it is fantastic in summer.
Find out More