The Lighter is a picturesque traditional English pub at the heart of its local community. Steeped in history and situated on the quayside the dog and family friendly Lighter offers a warm welcome for our local and visiting guests in a wonderful part of the country. We are seeking a competent and experienced F&B professional to join our wonderful team in this amazing high energy business.
As an AM at The Lighter you will receive:
- Pay based on your developing contribution starting at £8.72 - £9.00 per hour
- Big company benefits including incentives and rewards for exceptional performance
- A share of tips
- Plenty of scope to show your talent and develop as a key team member
- Excellent job security and career progression
- A good work life balance with 5 days working
- All the support you need to succeed
Job Specification - apply if you are:
- Organised, approachable and able to take responsibility
- Able to ensure that the site cash, security and safety procedures are adhered to
- Well presented and confident with an eye for detail
- Committed and willing to support the GM in developing the skills of team colleagues
- Driven to provide the best possible guest experience
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
Previous experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy food profile is an advantage. If you have the skills, drive and commitment to thrive in a busy, exciting and rewarding role and share our values of ambition, dedication, integrity, kindness and teamwork.... apply today.
Where you'll work:
The Lighter Inn
A Devon quayside pub-restaurant in the heart of Topsham
Perched on the banks of the Exe Estuary, this waterside inn takes its name from the flat-bottomed barges used at Topsham to unload larger ships that had to anchor in the middle of the channel.
Perfect for locals and visitors alike, the pub is family and dog friendly (as we believe any great pub should be) and with flagstone floors, a log burner and large terrace right on Topsham Quay, it’s as cosy in winter as it is fantastic in summer.
Find out More