Wonderful pub in Charing Cross
The Ship & Shovell is the only London pub in two halves, situated on either side of Craven Passage linked only by a tunnel which also contains the kitchen and cellar. Simply oozing with character and charm, the pub serves as the perfect traditional local for business guests and residents alike, as well as tourists frequenting the Charing Cross area. We are building our team ahead of a busy summer and have a vacancy in bar & waiting with an immediate start.
As part of Team Ship & Shovell you will receive:
- Pay of £9.15 per hour, paid weekly
- 70% off meals on duty
- Pay boosted by a share of tips
- Full time Mon-Sat - plenty of shifts available
- Plenty of scope to show your talent and develop as a key team member
- Excellent working conditions
- A range of lifestyle benefits
- A warm and friendly welcome and all the support you need to succeed
Apply if you are:
- Well presented and confident with an eye for detail
- Committed and willing to support team colleagues
- Driven to provide the best possible guest experience
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
Previous experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy profile is an advantage.
If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of your self, enjoy being part of a team and have the drive and commitment to thrive in a busy, exciting and rewarding role... apply now:
Where you'll work:
The Ship & Shovell
Charing Cross’s famous ‘pub in two halves’
London’s worst kept secret is the wonderful Ship & Shovell, or the ‘pub in two halves’, as its otherwise known. This classic London ale house exudes character and charm, sitting either side of Craven Passage and tucked away behind Charing Cross station. Dating back to the 1730's, the 'Ship' half was connected to the 'Shovell' half by a tunnel underneath Craven Passage in 1998.
The Ship & Shovell serves award-winning draught Badger Beers from Dorset and a wholesome menu of nourishing pub classics, making it the perfect local for nearby business folk and residents, as well as tourists lucky enough to stumble upon it.
Find out More