Assistant Manager - Live in option
Job Type: Pub – Bar & Restaurant (On Stage)
Location: The Smuggler's Inn
Seasonal Contract - Immediate Start
Sensational Smugglers - Nowhere Better!
Close to the town of Weymouth and situated on the cliff tops of the South West Coast Path, the Smugglers Inn is a traditional English pub with stunning views overlooking the Isle of Portland. With a beautiful garden for summer, as well as roaring log fires and oak beams inside for the longer and colder nights. We are building ahead of the busy summer and have an opening in for an AM to help lead our team.
As an AM at the Smugglers you will receive:
- Pay of £9.15 per hour
- A great package of lifestyle benefits - and rewards for exceptional performance
- A share of tips
- Plenty of scope to show your talent and develop as a key team member
- An initial contract through until the end of September
- 70% off meals on duty
- A good work life balance with 5 days working
- All the support you need to succeed
- Live in accommodation at £58.52 if required, subject to availability
Apply if you are:
- Organized, approachable and able to take responsibility
- Able to ensure that the site cash, security and safety procedures are followed
- Well presented and confident with an eye for detail
- Committed and willing to support the GM in developing the skills of team colleagues
- Driven to provide the best possible guest experience
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
Previous supervisory experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy food profile is essential, access to independent transport would be helpful too. If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of your self, and thrive in a team - this exciting and rewarding high profile role is just for you... apply today.
Knowledge, skills and attributes required:
- Guest focused and able to lead and inspire others
- A good knowledge of food and beverage operations
benefits you'll get:
- Share of tips
- Discounted Food
- Accommodation can be provided
Where you'll work:
The Smuggler's Inn
A famous Dorset coastal pub with views of Weymouth Harbour
With breathtaking views out over the Isle of Portland, this beautiful Dorset coastal inn is the perfect place to spend the day (and indeed the night). Built in the 13th century, the Smugglers Inn is located right by the sea in Osmington Mills and was one of the main landing places for smuggled goods in the 17th century. In fact, rumour has it that it was the headquarters of the infamous French smuggler Pierre Latour. The wonderful tiered terrace provides one of Dorset’s best pub gardens with a stream running through it.
Recently voted as ‘The Best Pub in Dorset’ by iDorset’s readers, this coastal inn will steal your heart with its traditional charm and breathtaking views of the Isle of Portland. Revel in its beauty, as you relax in its charmingly rustic surroundings.
Find out More