Wonderful Wheatsheaf - Near Salisbury
Nestled in the Woodford Valley between Salisbury and Stonehenge, the Wheatsheaf is the epitome of a traditional English country pub. Ideal for walkers, the pub is only two miles from the original Salisbury Cathedral. Starting life as a modest valley farm house in the mid 1600’s, the original building has been extended at least five times and now boasts roaring log fires and oak beams, ideal for those long winter evenings, as well as a beautiful garden, which comes into its own during the summer. We are boosting our management team ahead of a busy summer and have an opening for a AM to help lead our wonderful team......with an immediate start.
As AM at the Wheatsheaf you will receive:
- A warm and friendly welcome from a great fun team
- Pay of £9.15 per hour
- Extra rewards for exceptional performance
- Pay boosted by a share of tips
- 70% off meals on duty
- A package of lifestyle benefits
- Plenty of scope to show your talent and develop as a key team member
- Excellent job security and career progression
- A good work life balance with 5 days working
- All the support you need to succeed, in a great place to work
Apply if you are:
- Organized, approachable and able to take responsibility
- Able to ensure that the site cash, security and safety procedures are followed
- Well presented and confident with an eye for detail
- Committed and willing to support the GM in developing the skills of team colleagues
- Driven to maintain guest focus when the pressure is on
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
Previous supervisory experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy food profile is an advantage. Due to the location access to independent transport would be useful too. If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of your self, and thrive in a team - this exciting and rewarding role is just for you... apply today.
Where you'll work:
A perfect Wiltshire country pub in the beautiful Woodford Valley
Minutes from central Salisbury, nestling in the beautiful Woodford Valley, is one of Wiltshire’s true treasures - the Wheatsheaf. It started life as a modest valley farm house in the mid 1600's and the building has been extended at least five times, including the ‘Library Room’ in 2007, which was constructed out of the wooden beams from the library demolished in the neighbouring village of Stratford-sub-Castle.
The many different low-beamed rooms in the pub - as well as the beautiful terrace and large beer garden - allow guests to enjoy this ideal country pub however they wish. Spectacular Sunday lunches are served up alongside cool pints of award-winning Badger Beer from Dorset.
Find out More