Wonderful Wheatsheaf - near Salisbury
Nestled in the Woodford Valley between Salisbury and Stonehenge, the Wheatsheaf is the epitome of a traditional English country pub. Ideal for walkers, the pub is only two miles from the original Salisbury Cathedral. Starting life as a modest valley farm house in the mid 1600’s, the original building has been extended at least five times and now boasts roaring log fires and oak beams, ideal for those long winter evenings, as well as a beautiful garden, which comes into its own during the summer. We are boosting our management team ahead of a busy summer and have an opening for a DGM to help lead our wonderful team.
As DGM at the Wheatsheaf you will receive:
- A warm and friendly welcome
- Salary up to £24,500 + benefits
- Extra rewards for exceptional performance
- Highly achievable bonus scheme and a full package of lifestyle benefits
- Chance to help lead and shape an awesome business
- Excellent opportunity to shine and move your career on
- A good work life balance with 5 days working
- All the support you need to succeed
- A great introduction to senior pub management
Apply if you are:
- Experienced in front of house\on-stage supervision, with a proven ability to lead and inspire the team
- Able to ensure that the site payment, security and safety procedures are followed
- Well presented and able to follow standard procedures to manage the business and execute service effectively.
- Able to commit to support the GM in developing the pub restaurant and it's team
- Driven to maintain guest focus under pressure
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- A great team player who cares about what you do, and always strives to be the best version of your self
Previous supervisory experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy food profile is essential. Due to the location access to independent transport would be helpful too. If have the skills, drive and commitment to thrive in this busy, exciting and rewarding role apply now.
Where you'll work:
A perfect Wiltshire country pub in the beautiful Woodford Valley
Minutes from central Salisbury, nestling in the beautiful Woodford Valley, is one of Wiltshire’s true treasures - the Wheatsheaf. It started life as a modest valley farm house in the mid 1600's and the building has been extended at least five times, including the ‘Library Room’ in 2007, which was constructed out of the wooden beams from the library demolished in the neighbouring village of Stratford-sub-Castle.
The many different low-beamed rooms in the pub - as well as the beautiful terrace and large beer garden - allow guests to enjoy this ideal country pub however they wish. Spectacular Sunday lunches are served up alongside cool pints of award-winning Badger Beer from Dorset.
Find out More