CDP\Section Chef - Live In
Job Type: Pub – Kitchen
Location: Hall & Woodhouse Wichelstowe
Magnificent - Canal-side Pub
H&W Wichelstowe is a the perfect venue no matter what the occasion, whether you’re looking for a quick lunch, celebration dinner, business meeting or just a few drinks.
Built in 2019 the open space into sections including the spectacular bar, Pantry with long bench style seating for a more relaxed experience and the dining room. With outside seating along side the canal too, the restaurant is busy all year around. Ahead of our re-opening we are looking to build our kitchen team and offer full time roles with live in accommodation available.
As a chef in team Wichelstowe you will receive:
- A sensible work life balance with 5 days working, consistent hours and excellent conditions
- Pay of £9.30 per hour for every hour on shift
- A share of tips
- Rewards for outstanding performance
- A full package of lifestyle benefits
- Training and career development opportunities
- All the support you need to succeed
- Live in accommodation at £58.52 per week (subject to availability)
Apply if you are:
- A highly organized CDP \ Section Chef
- Experienced with a good food knowledge
- Able to work to precise specifications for cooking and presentation
- A good team player able to inspire others
- A chef that enjoys the buzz of a busy service
- Able to follow food safety and hygiene standards
- Looking for a great chef job that offers long term prospects
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
Previous experience as a chef in a similar role and the ability to thrive in a high paced and exciting kitchen is required.
Knowledge, skills and attributes required:
- Ablity to work to precise specifications for cooking and presentation
- Able to maintain consistent quality under time and volume pressure
benefits you'll get:
- Live in accommodation at £58.52 (subject to availability)
- Discounted food
Where you'll work:
Hall & Woodhouse Wichelstowe
Iconic canal-side haunt on the outskirts of Swindon
The latest member of the Hall & Woodhouse pub family, this brand-new, canal-side bar and restaurant is stunning (if we do say so ourselves). H&W Wichelstowe celebrates 200 years of canal history and evokes a boatyard and trading hall. The design features a genuine canal boat emerging from the main building, as well as plenty of other canal-inspired memorabilia.
With a magnificent terrace and views and hidden nooks and crannies to discover, you can lose yourself in a pub as characterful as our beers. Indulge your senses in this fun and vibrant atmosphere, whatever the occasion.
Find out More