CHEF IN TRAINING - GREAT FOOD PUB
Situated in the heart of the rolling South Downs, just 1 minute from the A27, the Worlds End is the perfect example of a traditional English country pub. Built in the 18th Century as a coaching inn on the old Arundel Road, the pub was recently refurbished to an amazing standard, creating a home from home feel, where you can really relax and unwind. The pub is dog friendly, with a large garden and outside children’s play area - roaring log fires, flagstone floors, oak beams and quality food in a superb restaurant area complete the dining experience. We are building our team now ahead of the busy season and have an opening for a Kitchen Assistant with the ambition to train as a chef.......
At the wonderful World's End you will receive:
- Pay up to £8.91 rising to £9.30 per hour after training
- Pay boosted by a share of tips
- 70% off meals on duty
- A warm welcome from a friendly team that values your contribution
- Plenty of scope to show your talent and train as a chef
- Excellent job security and working conditions
- A clear pathway for a chef career within Hall & Woodhouse
- Full time hours including weekends and evenings
- A full range of lifestyle benefits
- All the support you need to succeed
Apply if you are:
- Confident and committed with an eye for detail
- A great team player who can support others under pressure
- Familiar with the KA\KP role in professional kitchen operations
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- A person who takes pride in your work, and would like to progress
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards achievement
Previous experience and knowledge of the role in a busy kitchen is an advantage however enthusiasm and commitment with a willingness to learn is essential.
If you care about what you do, strive to be the best version of your self, enjoy being part of a team and have the drive and commitment to thrive in a busy, exciting and rewarding kitchen... apply now:
Where you'll work:
The Worlds End
A perfect Sussex country pub in the South Downs National Park
Nestling on the southern border of the South Downs National Park, the Worlds End was originally built in the 18th century as a coaching inn on the old Arundel road (also known as the A27). The pub has recently been sensitively restored to an amazing standard, creating an almost perfect example of an English country pub. Its new look combines a home-from-home interior with lovely outside terrace areas and a large garden with children’s play area. Just find your own space, sit back and take in the atmosphere whilst enjoying the delicious traditional pub menu and range of award-winning draught Badger Beers from Dorset.
Grammar enthusiasts have long been confounded by the apparent absence of an apostrophe in the pub name, but they are mistaken; for the name is perfectly grammatical if it is read as stating that all worlds will end (albeit a rather morbid thought).
Find out More