Awesome pub wonderful world's end
Situated in the heart of the rolling South Downs, just 1 minute from the A27, the Worlds End is the perfect example of a traditional English country pub. Built in the 18th Century as a coaching inn on the old Arundel Road, the pub was recently refurbished to an amazing standard, creating a home from home feel, where you can really relax and unwind. The pub is dog friendly, with a large garden and outside children’s play area - roaring log fires, flagstone floors, oak beams and quality food in a superb restaurant area complete the dining experience. We are looking for an experienced F&B professional to help lead this amazing high energy business.
As DGM at the World's End you will receive:
- Salary £26,500 + benefits
- Extra rewards for exceptional performance
- A full package of lifestyle benefits
- 70% off meals on duty
- Chance to help lead and shape an awesome business
- Excellent opportunity to shine and move your career on
- A good work life balance with 5 days working
- All the support you need to succeed
- Live in accommodation at £58.52 per week subject to availability
Apply if you are:
- Experienced in front of house\on-stage supervision, with a proven ability to lead and inspire the team
- Able to ensure that the site payment, security and safety procedures are followed
- Well presented and able to follow standard procedures to manage the business and execute service effectively.
- Able to commit to support the GM in developing the pub restaurant and the team
- Driven to maintain a focus on the guest
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hospitality
- A great team player who cares about what you do, and always strives to be the best version of your self
Previous supervisory experience and knowledge of hospitality operations with a busy food profile is essential.
Where you'll work:
The Worlds End
A perfect Sussex country pub in the South Downs National Park
Nestling on the southern border of the South Downs National Park, the Worlds End was originally built in the 18th century as a coaching inn on the old Arundel road (also known as the A27). The pub has recently been sensitively restored to an amazing standard, creating an almost perfect example of an English country pub. Its new look combines a home-from-home interior with lovely outside terrace areas and a large garden with children’s play area. Just find your own space, sit back and take in the atmosphere whilst enjoying the delicious traditional pub menu and range of award-winning draught Badger Beers from Dorset.
Grammar enthusiasts have long been confounded by the apparent absence of an apostrophe in the pub name, but they are mistaken; for the name is perfectly grammatical if it is read as stating that all worlds will end (albeit a rather morbid thought).
Find out More