A TRADITIONAL COUNTRY PUB - LIVE IN OPTION
Located just outside Taunton on the A38 and just off the M5, the World’s End is a perfect example of a friendly, quality English village pub. Steeped in history it still has many of its original features like the traditional beams and flagstone floors as well as some more quirky ones. One of only 10 British pubs to bear the name, the World’s End is family friendly, with a large carpark, garden and children’s play area. With great food and drinks, a cosy bar and roaring fires it’s the perfect location whatever the occasion. We are building our team now and have a vacancy for an experienced chef to join our fabulous kitchen.....with an immediate start.
As part of Team World's End you will receive:
- A sensible work life balance with 5 days working and excellent conditions
- Pay of £9.30 per hour for every hour on shift, paid weekly
- A share of tips
- 70 % off meals on duty
- Extra rewards for outstanding performance
- A full package of lifestyle benefits
- Training and career development opportunities
- Live in accommodation at a cost of £58.52 per week (subject to availability)
- A great welcome from a friendly team and all the support you need to succeed
Apply if you are:
- A highly organized CDP or Section Chef, who cares about your craft
- Skilled in a range of cooking techniques with good food knowledge
- Able to work unsupervised to precise specifications for cooking and presentation
- A good team player able to communicate well and support colleagues when the pressure is on
- Willing to work in all sections of the kitchen as required
- A chef that enjoys the buzz of a busy service
- Able to follow food safety and hygiene standards
- Looking for a great chef job that offers long term prospects
- Seeking an employer that recognizes and rewards commitment and talent
You will need previous experience as a chef in a similar role and the ability to work as part of a team in a high paced and exciting kitchen.
Where you'll work:
The World's End
A traditional Somerset country pub on the outskirts of Taunton
Located just outside Taunton on the A38 and just off the M5, the World’s End is a perfect example of a friendly, traditional country pub. Steeped in history it still has many of its original features, such as the traditional beams and flagstone floors (as well as some more ‘quirky’ additions).
One of only ten British pubs to bear the name, the World’s End is family-friendly, with a large car park, terrace, garden and children’s play area. With delicious food and drinks, a cosy bar and roaring fires, it’s the perfect location whether you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, celebrate with friends and family or break your journey.
Find out More