Badger Campfire Hotpot
A quick and tasty one-pot meal. Easy to cook on a camp stove and can be scaled up for bigger groups or appetites!
Serves 4 - 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
12 Lincolnshire sausages
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 tsp garlic puree
1 1/2 tbsp harissa paste
250ml Badger Fursty Ferret Ale
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can cannellini beans, drained
2 x 250g pouches steamed brown basmati
Fresh coriander, chopped
Badger Fursty Ferret Ale, to serve
1. In a frying pan snip the sausages into 4 using scissors and fry in the oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the onion and pepper and continue to cook until browned.
3. Add the garlic, harissa paste and Badger fursty ferret ale and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes before adding the tomatoes and cannellini beans and boil for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the rice and simmer for 3 - 4 minutes with a lid on until the rice is piping hot.
5. Season well, sprinkle with coriander and serve with Badger fursty ferret ale.
Tip: Add more harissa if you like it spicier.
Goes great with: